Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Special Projects team is building next-generation technologies that will shape our future. We are looking for an senior engineer to architect, build and scale a robust ecosystem for data processing services. Specifically you will develop solutions that will orchestrate and support the seamless transitioning of petabytes of data through various stages like ingestion, indexing/mining, transformation and algorithm validation.
- You have hands-on experience in building distributed systems, including real-time streaming and batch data processing
- You are proficient in multiple programming languages relevant for such systems (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- You know what it takes to deploy and operate high availability production systems in the cloud
- You have experience with designing service-oriented architectures and leveraging various data stores technologies (blob, NoSQL and relational)
- You have experience with cloud computing platform like AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience with full stack application development (Preferred, not required)
- Experience with Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence research and development projects (Preferred, not required)
• Develop and scale a data processing platform using the latest open-source technologies • Develop an ETL plugin system that will enable researchers and other developers to submit and run data processing jobs in the cloud easily • Define a consistent continuous integration/deployment model that will encourage cross-functional development teams to self-service application unit testing, deployment and operations • Influence and lead cross-functional initiatives that will align the team towards commonly used technologies and methodologies Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.