Senior Data Science Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The App Store team is seeking a passionate leader to manage experimentation projects, analytics and data science. In this role you will lead a team of data scientists responsible for designing experiments, conducting analysis and guiding improvements to our tools responsible for enabling experimentation across a diverse set of features - including recommendations, search and on-boarding funnels. You will have experience hiring and leading advanced analytics teams, as well as focus on experimental design for A/B testing, pattern mining, classification and growth optimization.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, partner management, and planning skills; ability to understand and anticipate the decisions partners.
- Ability to produce and communicate data insights that translate into significant business impact. Well-rounded individual with the ability to write code to query and transform both unstructured and structured data—acting as a mentor to your team in these areas—while not afraid to dig in and go deep.
- Deep understanding of statistical theory and applications. Practical experience working with and conducting experiments on large datasets.
- Experience in advanced quantitative analysis including regression, classification, clustering, and time series analyses.
- Programming skills in Python, Java/Scala, and SQL, and comfort with advanced analytics tools such as R, Spark, and/or Tableau. Strong working knowledge of Hadoop, ETL processes and big data distributed computing practices.
- Ability to work effectively with engineering partners to meet the data needs of the business, translating business needs into analytical requirements.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with product and leadership teams to influence the overall strategy of the product.
- Prior experience analyzing Search features utilizing online metrics and offline human relevance judgement is preferred.
- Design and evaluate experiments for algorithmic improvements, design and layout changes, marketing initiatives, increased cohort usage, growth and subscriber retention. - Motivate and set the team up for success by ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated, the strategic vision for the function is defined and shared, processes are established, and personal development plans are developed. - Work with engineers to scale up our reporting capabilities by automating and developing pipelines to execute and analyze KPIs on an hourly/daily basis. - Work with business intelligence team to collaborate on reporting and analysis that includes business relevant initiatives and metrics. - Analyze usage behavior for large scale trends and patterns. - Quantify the impact of feature and model changes to the product. - Stay abreast of technologies and tools within and outside of Apple for possible utilization by the team. - Analytics, statistical analysis and visualization of data to help understand how customers engage with our apps. - Work with peer data science teams and data engineers to develop best practices and common datasets. - Hire and develop leading talent with confirmed, relevant data science skills.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or Masters in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent professional experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.