Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Want to join an Applied ML team at Apple's central AI/ML org? Want to broaden the impact ML and AI across Apple by creating differentiating user experiences with teams all across Apple including Mail, FaceTime, Siri, Watch, and FaceID? We are looking for brilliant Applied Scientists who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge machine learning/deep learning technologies to all Apple products.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
- 2-5 years of practical experience applying ML to solve practical problems
- Expertise in a single area of machine learning (e.g Computer Vision, NLP, Time series)
- Algorithm and model development experience
- Experience using Python, C++, or other programming language
- Experience distilling vague product requirements into problem definitions
- Proficiency training large scale models in, at least, one modern deep learning engine such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe/Caffe2, Keras, and CNTK. /Torch and Theano.
As a member of the Apple's central AI/ML org, you will spend your time as a hands-on machine learning practitioner and a research leader working with product teams all across Apple including Mail, FaceTime, Siri, Watch, and FaceID. You will play a key role building and guiding machine learning models from the ground up and watching them deployed to 1 billion Apple devices worldwide.
Education & Experience
BS, MS in Computer Science, Applied Math or related Engineering fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience. Ph.D. with 3 years of relevant experience.
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field
- 5-10 years of practical experience applying ML to solve practical problems
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in deep neural networks
- Comfortable in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Python, or similar);
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and model building
- Passion for creating new technologies with high product impact
- Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring engineers and scientists
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills