Sr. Program Manager - Data & Analytics, Supply Chain
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Senior Program Manager within the Worldwide Business Process Re-engineering organization, you will own end to end global projects in the area of Order Management. Your focus will be to provide SAP solution expertise - enhancing existing functionality, or adding new functionality, and work with various IS&T team to realize the solution. These projects can range from small scale focussed and tactical to transformational. You will be expected to have knowledge and experience across a broad range of SAP modules and technologies, for example R3, CRM, BW, Portal, S4, Hybris. You will also be playing a key role in SAP migration to S4.
- Consistent track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute at tactical project-level activities and tasks.
- Broad supply chain management exposure include procurement, manufacturing logistics, fulfillment.
- Experience to functions and processes adjacent to and supporting of the supply chain such as finance, CRM, sales management.
- Experience driving supply chain process improvement or advanced planning system implementation projects is desired.
- Experience with a variety of technology capabilities - master data, transactional, reporting.
- Experience planning, managing, delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) projects.
- Experience across a range of SAP modules and solutions, with the ability to bring architectural expertise to bear in critically reviewing solution design decisions and choices.
- Experience across multiple industry sectors is helpful, with High Tech strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to handle deadlines and meet cost constraints.
- Proficient at running multiple efforts simultaneously in a global company.
- Superb communication across project and management teams.
- Excellent leadership skills that enhance project team effectiveness.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles.
- Proficient in business process flow diagramming.
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions to gather requirements.
- Ability to perform robust business process analysis and recommend solution.
- Literacy with MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools.
This role will be part of the BPR team focusing on improving order execution from inception to delivery. You will lead medium to large size, global cross- functional projects. You will be responsible for leading and identifying business process re-engineering opportunities, in the order execution space, especially in the SAP area. You will be expected to play a key role in bridging business needs and business processes into the solution space centered around SAP. This will include the need to be able to advise on significant transformation initiatives such as S3 to R4 and how to exploit business value from such a technical change. This position requires this person to work with senior management and global teams to define processes and system roadmaps and drive improvements of the organization. This effort is directly linked to our commercial strategy and needs to be forward-looking. This may include: • Understanding future strategies and directions to anticipate needs • Building internal and external expertise driving best practice and innovation. • Situation analysis and audit of current organization / process / data and systems • Gap analysis of as-is vs. to-be. • Proposing and driving new solutions that may be implemented WW or addressing local processes • Develop metrics such as customer satisfaction, user acceptance, business impact, e.g. Apply analytical skills to help rationalize and inspire change. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Serve as domain expert in BPR on SAP centered solutions, in execution area. Be able to consult across projects including those not directly owned, and give feedback on where solution designs may not be making the best use of standard SAP capabilities and functionality. • Serve as liaison to Operation teams to develop systems solutions (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support WW Sales Operations Support (WW SOS) programs. Partners with key cross-functional partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation • Act as a liaison between the business teams and IS&T (Information Systems and Technology or Apple's IT organization) to ensure that the business requirements are complete and met by the proposed technology solutions • Monitor spending for alignment to cap/opex budget, recommends variances as necessary • Work with business leads to define and handle business process and technology roadmaps in support of long-term divisional strategies • Inspire change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach • Lead complex projects to major milestones. Develop project justification proposals, business cases and return on investment estimates; obtain executive approval and funding • Develop and maintain key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied to enable project success • Gather and synthesize detailed, global business requirements and design specifications • Facilitates project-related testing, roll-out, and post-mortem work • Assess current and develop and implement future business processes. Apply analytical skills to rationalize change • Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management and senior-executive teams
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required in Computer Science or related subject.
- • 15-20 years of SAP experience, across solutions and preferably across industries.
- • Prior consulting experience with Big 4 Consulting Firms is desirable, but not required.
- • Extraordinary project management skills with a maniacal attention to detail, and a demonstrable ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- • Experience working on projects for teams based outside the U.S.
- • Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- • Ambitious, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment