Senior Software Engineer, iTunes Store Engineering / Content Processing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Developing large-scale applications in Java and other object-oriented languages for iTunes Store, focusing primarily on ingestion, analysis, and transformation of content.
- 5+ years experience developing high transaction volume applications in Java
- Experience with server-side systems and service-oriented architectures
- In-depth experience with object-oriented design and programming
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases is preferred.
- Proficiency working with XML and/or JSON
- Familiarity with messaging, queuing, and workflow systems is a plus
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements, to interacting directly with partners, to thrive in multi-functional teams on critical projects, and to juggle multiple priorities
From our roots revolutionizing the music industry, the iTunes Store has grown to encompass not only music, but also audiobooks, e-books, TV, movies, the iOS App Store, the Mac App Store, and more. All of this content requires a world-class, large-scale, automated content ingestion system and digital asset repository in order to be efficiently delivered from content providers and prepared for distribution to customers. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In particular, on this team, you will participate in crafting and implementing support for ingestion, automated curation, and management of content to support customer-facing features of the iTunes Store. You will build APIs and services to vend content to customer-facing storefront applications, as well as other systems at Apple. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral skills. Besides purely technical aspects, ability to interact directly with the partners, and deduce the technical requirements for a project based on fragmentary business input is very important. The candidate should have: - Experience developing large-scale web-based applications using Java and other object-oriented languages. - Familiarity with XML & JSON technologies, database modeling skills, and object-relational mapping experience are also strongly desired. - Experience with large data repositories and digital media formats for audio, video, and/or e-books is also helpful. - The ability to be a good teammate under deadline constraints in addition to ability to tackle problems with visionary solutions is key to success in this position. This is a rare opportunity to join the iTunes Store Engineering team. In many ways, iTunes is the beating heart at the center of Apple’s product offerings. Very few teams have the breadth of involvement in Apple’s product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies Strong written and oral communication skills Collaborative, team-oriented attitude