Senior Engineering Manager
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products (AMP) is the services division of Apple that is responsible for the software behind the App Store, iTunes and the iTunes Store, Apple Music, the TV app, Podcasts and iBooks. Come join an exciting environment in a fast-paced engineering organization. We are in need of a Senior Engineering Manager in Culver City, CA.
- At least 10+ years in software development, 5+ years in engineering management.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions; design meetings; progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency: server architecture and development.
- Must be technical in nature and comfortable bridging business initiates with core software engineering.
- 10+ years of work experience implementing/managing DAM/DSC or other digital media delivery solutions including managing the full implementation lifecycle for delivery of systems solutions (analysis, design, develop, test, deploy, support)
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong background as a solutions architect in the OMS, CMS and MAM.
- Digital Asset Management and Content Supply Chain application development across archiving, transcoding, distribution and workflow/BPM
- Experience with storage and network solutions supporting large file movement and distribution
- Previously worked with Reach Engine, Opentext, Bynder, CELUM, Digizuite, Canto or other similar core asset management platforms
- Be highly aligned with our post production and video operations teams to lead the development of a large-scale suite of studio media tools
- Architect, design, and extend a high-capacity, large scale media management platform
- Enjoys the challenge of complex problems and systems
- A passion for building technology and digital media
- Off-Line Digital Asset Management
- On-Line Cloud Storage & Processing
- Intelligent Distributed Storage Management
- Digital Management Platform
- OMS/CMS/MAM integration
- Adaptive video formats HLS, DASH and/or CMAF
- Asset categorization, asset library structures, versioning control, Metadata management and digital asset automated workflows
We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral skills. The ideal candidate should have at least ten years of software engineering professional experience with at least five years in management. The ability to be an excellent team player under tight deadlines coupled with the ability to tackle problems with imaginative solutions is the key to success in this position. Applicants must be able to effectively work and communicate technical concepts with all levels of an engineering organization, including corporate VPs, engineering managers and technical leads. The ability to effectively translate key business requirements into technical requirements is also paramount. The ideal candidate is independent and highly motivated to achieve successful outcomes and delivery. Strong organizational footprint is a must. Regular travel to Cupertino will be required.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired
- At least 2-3 years of Java experience
- Experience with content management systems and metadata
- Experience with video production and processing pipelines is desired
- Experience with video and audio formats, such as QuickTime, MPEG-4, and AAC is desired