Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This team is building the next generation tools empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast moving, highly skilled but small team designing and building a continuous integration and deployment system that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products with. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate dev/ops engineers who love dealing with such challenges.
- Deep system level understanding of Linux (redhat derivatives) and OSX.
- System level programing including scripting in Bash, Ruby and/or Python.
- Puppet and/or chef.
- Virtual machines, containers and tools like Vagrant and Docker.
- CI Solutions: Jenkins, Team-City, Travis, Circle, Go or others.
- Build tools: Gradle, Maven, Ant, Make, Rake, Grunt, Gulp, Ninja, Blaze/Bazel, Pants or others.
- Artifact management solution: Artifactory, Nexus.
- Source control management solutions: SVN, git, Github, Gitlab, Stash or others.
- Deployment systems: EC2, Heroku, Engine Yard, App Engine.
As a Software Engineer in the DevOps team, you should: - Be intimately familiar with continuous integration and delivery. - Love automation and tooling and believe they play a critical role in software development. - Have the ability to design and deploy scalable, distributed systems. - Be curious about how systems work and how they fail. - Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions. - Love open source and collaboration. - Be a team mate, a student, and a mentor. - Have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience