Full Stack Engineer - Video Engineering
San Diego, California, United States
The Video Engineering team is working on exciting technologies for future Apple products, and we're looking for extraordinary talent to help us take our efforts to the next level. We are seeking a dedicated and dynamic Full Stack Engineer to join the Data Infrastructure team. Our team is responsible for facilitating collection, storage, and access of data powering ML features like FaceID and Animoji. As an engineer on our team, your work would support awesome computer vision products in a highly collaborative team. We are looking for engineers that have a high attention to detail, and who can abstract these details into framework level software solutions. This position requires someone who has a passion for data integrity and is privacy-minded.
- +3 years of Python
- +2 years of Django Framework
- +1 year of front end experience HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with a major cloud platform
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Values writing Unit Tests and overall coverage
- Comfortable with Git, REST API, SQL and NoSQL databases.
Develop, manage, and test web applications and REST APIs. Build and maintain Video processing pipelines Analyze and monitor system performance Represent VEDI within multi-functional teams Optimize compute resources in the cloud Participate in code reviews and feature planning
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Java and/or C++ language fluency
- Experience with production level Machine Learning
- Operational skills with orchestration (e.g. Chef) and CI tools (Jenkins)
- Work experience with hardware and firmware layers
- Scalability engineering, with overall data sizes above a petabyte
- Visual and/or Human Interaction Design
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.