Network Security Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Information Security team is responsible for developing services to handle and mitigate security risks faced by Apple. This role will be responsible for crafting, building, running, and monitoring network security infrastructure to support a variety of high-demand systems. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires expertise supporting systems at enterprise scale. You will help us deliver innovative solutions. We are looking for talented individuals who will continue to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products.
- Security Policy Enforcement - build and enforce security policies that protect Apple's infrastructure
- Engineering - continuously optimize secure, scalable and performant security tools and services
- Reliability - drive fault detection and correction, performance and uptime
- Monitoring - instrument systems to gain visibility and understanding of how they are performing at any time
- 5+ years of network security appliances (firewalls, vpn concentrators, proxies) experience
- Expert understanding and hands-on experience with internal routing protocols and configuration
- Fundamental understanding of CDN, DNS, Anycast and traffic engineering
- Experience with layer 2 / layer 3 overlays
- Deep understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Complete command on taking care o security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Understanding and ability to articulate web-related terminologies and software such as web applications, web related protocols, service-oriented architectures, and web services.
- Deep understanding Linux/Unix system internals, including system security
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Must be capable of writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to align multi-functional teams and objectives and promote joint outcomes
Define default permissions and access methods, review exceptions and lead the roadmap for enforcement of security policies. Review, approve and implement security policies. Collaborate with partner teams to build new generation of policy adherence mechanisms, i.e. standard methodologies to implement bastions, alternatives to VPN, role based access control, PAN features and subscriptions. Build automation and tooling required to orchestrate security policy adherence including(Firewalls, VPN and proxy infrastructure) Partner with security teams to provision scalable workloads reliably across distributed compute resources Work closely with development teams to understand application performance and behavior patterns to dedicatedly monitor, tune and correct issues before they occur See opportunities to improve security tooling reliability, performance and security
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience