Sr. Cloud Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
This position can be located in Austin (TX), Seattle (WA), or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to focus on building a secure, continuous delivery platform. Our team is responsible for developing tools to handle and mitigate risks faced by Apple when deploying complex, high-demand applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. The successful candidate will design and implement new approaches and tools for continuous delivery within Apple Information Security. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and technologies. Understanding the security challenges of the platform will be the key focus for this role. Given that the security space is constantly evolving, aim to apply and learn new technologies will be another key asset. Building and managing relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, hardworking and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions consisting of multiple technologies
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Perl/Go for automation or integration with multiple APIs (REST, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tool sand techniques
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments(AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with containerization
- Experience with common formats such as JSON and compression utilities
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of network protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols(TCP,TLS, HTTP, UDP)
- Deep understanding of centralized configuration management and provisioning technologies, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Deep understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Experience implementing and working with open source projects
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communications skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management, in a professional manner
- Build, handle and integrate software to automate and secure public cloud environments - Research, proof and develop best-of-breed technologies for cloud security related purposes - Develop solutions that can support large capacity and scale reliably in a 24/7environment - Understand and research new and emerging security attack vectors to properly implement security solutions to reduce security risks - Collaborate with the Information Security operational teams to support monitoring capabilities
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 4+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments