Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple cares deeply about the products we craft and the experiences these products give our customers. From communication and Siri to music, games and more, sound is a critical part of the user experience for all of Apple’s products. To achieve the best possible sound in our products, Apple has assembled a truly world class audio team. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate engineers who are eager to help us improve the way that people communicate and enjoy content. If you love audio and working as part of a team to find creative solutions to interesting and complex problems, this could be a great fit for you!
- The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with most of the following:
- Acoustics fundamentals (e.g. frequency response, distortion, propagation, reflections, etc)
- Building hardware prototypes (CAD, 3D printing, soldering, machining, integrating speakers/mics)
- Testing hardware prototypes (SoundCheck, MATLAB, Audio Precision, etc)
- Prototyping software (Max MSP, MATLAB, etc)
- Spatial audio (HRTFs, room acoustics)
- Transducers (basic speaker/microphone construction, design and modeling)
- 3+ years of experience related to audio
An acoustic engineer will help to innovate and develop the acoustic hardware for one or more of Apple’s products. This will include: Solving speaker and microphone acoustic integration challenges in a cross-functional team. Building and testing of acoustic prototypes. Developing demos and collecting meaningful data sets to inform product decisions. International travel to help trouble shoot design issues during product development (~5-10% travel per year)
Education & Experience
BS/MS or equivalent, preferably specializing in acoustics Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.