Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As an Acoustics Technician for the Acoustics group in hardware engineering division, you will work on research and development to deliver amazing music experience and clarity in audio communication. You will execute product testing in acoustic labs, help conduct controlled user studies to gather subjective data, and other hands-on activities supporting acoustic design and development of Apple products. We are rapidly growing and constantly thriving in a creative, dynamic, diverse environment. Are you passionate about testing, acoustics, creating new products, working with alongside innovative team members? Do you thrive working with a team? If so, this could be your opportunity.
- Dedication to developing superior products as part of the Apple Acoustics team
- Proficiency in computing (email, web, file storage, spreadsheets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to instruct and interact closely with user study participants
- Ability to follow equipment operation procedures, written test procedures, etc
- Organizational skills to maintain shared lab environment and engineering workspaces
- Basic electronics (multimeter, hand-tools, etc)
- Experience in testing/development of consumer electronics products, especially audio/acoustic testing
- Knowledge of basic acoustics, from education or experience
- Passion for music or audio
- Experience with scheduling using corporate calendar systems
- Experience in customer service/support
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and replace problem components in electronic systems
Acoustics Technician job responsibilities include: Organization, pickup and delivery of prototypes and equipment in and around Apple campus. Preparing product test or user study setups with equipment and prototypes. Reworking of small electronic components using soldering, micro-fasteners, adhesives, etc. Operation of oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, sound recording equipment, etc. Implementing technical product test instructions and written user study procedures. Scheduling of high volume of user study participants using calendar, email, and phone. Greeting, escorting, and providing test instructions to user study participants. Preparing and processing product test data and user study results (organization of data in spreadsheets, data entry, etc.) Operate and configure Mac OS X and iOS devices, including hardware and firmware/software configuration and modifications.
Education & Experience
High-school diploma or equivalent certificate required Additional college or relevant professional technical training preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.