CPU Power Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intellectual people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. As a CPU Power Engineer you'll be responsible for overall dynamic and static power of the core for different applicable use cases. You'll drive budgeting, measurement and analysis of CPU power and provide global methodologies for power reduction across micro-architecture and gate-level design spaces.
- You should possess an MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of CPU Implementation experience.
- Familiarity with high performance microprocessor architecture
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- Excellent understanding of power consumption, estimation, and low power design techniques.
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture and implementation techniques
- Hands on experience with power estimation tools and characterization, such as Primetime-PX, Power Artist, spyglass.
- Design experience in deep submicron technologies and basic device physics
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Perl, Tcl, Python
As CPU Power Engineer you will own or participate in the following. - Drive budgeting, measurement and analysis of overall CPU power for many use cases of interest - Work extensively with Micro-architects, RTL, physical designers, library and technology teams to study and drive power reduction opportunities - Work closely with Micro-architects and RTL team to define traces/metrics of interest to track power for various use cases - Work closely with the design implementation team and optimize design operating points and power efficiency - Work with SOC team to model and optimize CPU contribution of power - Modeling of power for newer CPU architectures
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.