Metadata Operations Project Manager, TV & Movies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Metadata is at the heart of Apple Media Products (AMP), powering key aspects of the customer experience including UI, search, and Siri. Metadata Operation is responsible for ensuring world-class quality and discoverability of AMP metadata. We’re looking for a self-motivated, resourceful project manager with a real passion for media metadata to take the TV App and Universal Search features to the next level. As part of the TV & movies metadata team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes, utilizing resources with maximum efficiency, and implementing technical and tactical solutions to boost our operational effectiveness. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- Do you have 6+ years of experience in the digital media or technology industry?
- Do you have 3+ years experience supervising contractors including sourcing and training?
- A deep understanding of complex large-scale media content management systems and how metadata affects the user experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the data
- Extraordinary attention to detail, impeccable follow-through, and the ability to see how the details fit into the big picture
- Experience running multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, decisive and willing to own the hard calls
- Ability to strategize and innovate with proven track record for improving processes and building efficiencies
- Ability to facilitate productive discussions, build consensus within team and with cross-functional partners
- Ability to effectively and clearly scope projects, define and communicate action items and goals
- An uncanny ability to diagnose issues and persistence to see them through closure
- Passion for TV, Movies and other video content
Acquire an expert-level understanding of our data pipeline, from ingestion, integration to consumption, as well as our data management tools. Supervise contractors across multiple geographic locations. Field questions and reported issues, develop courses of action, establish and document standards and guidelines. Run concurrent projects, assign tasks to contractors and ensure timelines and deliverables are met. Develop productivity and quality KPIs and regularly report on status. Troubleshoot data issues and raise to internal teams as needed. Implement new operational processes as well as update existing processes to support upcoming features. Analyze our data catalog health and conduct quality assessment projects. Uncover areas for improvement and develop creative solutions. Identify and tackle opportunities to enrich and drive metadata quality across various content types and platforms while considering long term impact . Look around corners, preparing for the future of metadata in Apple Media Products with customer experience in mind. Work closely with Engineering teams to implement new tooling and enhancements. Recognize and act on opportunities for automation, propose solutions, obtain buy-ins and negotiate timelines. Additional requirements May be need to work, at times, outside of standard business hours May need to provide on-call support during off hours
Education & Experience
BA/BS and 6+ years experience in the digital media or technology industry Additional Requirements: May be need to work, at times, outside of standard business hours May need to provide on-call support during off hours