Enterprise Build Automation Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you we could do together. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Identity Management Services team at Apple is a high-performance server engineering team responsible for building large-scale systems that supports Apple’s customer facing services such as iCloud, iTunes, Messages, FaceTime, Online store and others. We are in search of a forward-thinking software engineer who is independent and has deep understanding and experience in design and development of complex, highly available and scalable systems. We are adding an Enterprise Build Automation Engineer to the infrastructure team to support and enhance the existing build and automation flows. We are looking for someone who is very comfortable interacting and working with pretty much everyone across multiple teams as the person will be supporting a growing number of developers. As a Builds Automation Engineer you have ownership for ensuring all the components are both built and work correctly. Each build will progress through Continuous Integration (CI). In this role you will join a team who love to build tools to automate the job instead of doing everything manually. We are always working on ways to improve the processes, automation, builds and the CI.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, software design and programming skills
- Self-directed, motivated and detailed oriented
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and social skills
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to business changes
- Ability to learn quickly and easily grasp complex concepts required to build domain expertise
- Linux system administration and shell scripting experience
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching
- Collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years Java development experience
As an engineer you will be part of a team that is focused on the infrastructure and automation tools for a server side Java services. You will be working with various teams to ensure a smooth automated process to get from developer completion to QA handoff with many components already deployed in the production environment. You will be responsible for ensuring the builds are run, interdependencies between components are handled as well as successful CI testing. Responsibilities: Write efficient, easy to maintain high quality software Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the software release cycle Write performant, easy to read, maintainable and supportable code Create documentation to help others Understand the business requirements and translate the requirement into working testable code Work with QA on automated testing
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree(B.S) or Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 2 years experience
- Experience in large scale distributed systems and deployments is a huge plus.
- Experience in Identity Management & Security (authentication, authorization, provisioning, etc...) related services and products is a plus.