Technical Product Manager - Payment Reporting
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics team is responsible for delivering analysis, data science, and data services to business development, financial, marketing, and legal teams both inside and outside Apple. AMP Analytics provides capabilities that help drive business and product decisions, as well as power critical apps that support the success of our media products, including the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, iBooks and Movies. We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to work with peers from a diverse set of product and engineering teams to design and build innovative reporting systems that ensure partners receive accurate and on-time financial reporting. You’ll combine your real passion for entertainment and media content with your love of data to build the reporting systems and tools used globally by our partners across a wide range of content types, including apps, music, video, and books.
- A deep understanding of royalties and content licensing in the digital space and past experience working with data and reporting systems is a requirement
- A proven ability to deliver automated, scalable reporting systems in a dynamic and cross-functional environment while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- A high level of ownership that keeps you in engaged with your product well beyond the launch of new features and enhancements
- A deep understanding of system interactions in a big data environment
- A demonstrated ability to query large datasets using SQL, Hive, Python, or similar languages and to distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- A nagging intellectual curiosity and an acute attention to detail that drives you to self-audit your work and understand complex systems
- An ability to clearly and effectively communicate and be a great partner with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- A detailed understanding of Apple's media products and the competitive landscape
In this role, you will: - Help drive the vision and strategy for App Store, Apple Music, and iTunes royalty reporting to ensure payments are accurate and on time - Collaborate with peers from product, engineering, content operations, finance, and legal to solve complex and challenging problems with data - Design and maintain innovative and scalable systems to turn large amounts of data into clear, accurate, and easy-to-use reports - Work closely with a development team to implement new features and enhancements to these systems, turning your designs into code that lasts - Meet directly with our partners to identify ways to improve our reporting and anticipate needs by understanding industry trends
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience.