Senior Software Engineer - Self Service Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Self-Service Engineering team helps customers get the most out of their Apple products and services by providing access to industry-leading support resources on various channels including the Apple Support App. Join us as a Sr. Software Engineer on the Support App backend services team and help conceptualize, craft, and deliver exceptional user experiences. The services that you build will abstract the complexities while creating unexpected, extraordinary moments for our users.
- You are a highly motivated individual with a passion for quality and an eye for details.
- You are hands on with design, development and deploying highly available, distributed and scalable transactional services.
- You are comfortable championing your ideas with peers, management and other engineering groups.
- You can collaborate and influence work of peers, vendors teams and internal partners.
- You can maintain your composure and deliver under aggressive schedules.
- Functional and Declarative Programing paradigm.
- Building WebServices and reusable framework components using Spring boot.
- Java programming and RESTful API’s.
- Java Streams, Lambdas and non blocking event driven development with technologies like Completable Futures.
- Relational and no-SQL databases, distributed cache.
- Fault Tolerant architectures, zero downtime systems.
- Automated testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Troubleshooting using tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics.
- Develop critical components as well as review team deliverables for accuracy, quality, and completeness. - Drive documentation of technical design and architecture of the system. - Influence work of internal teams to ensure best in class solutions. - Work with vendors, cross functional teams and internal partners. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company - Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team. - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?