Quality Engineer - Apple Self-Service Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Contribute to the evolution of Apple customer support. Leverage your passion for helping customers solve their problems. You will be interacting with cross-functional engineering and product teams to help identify issues, test new features, and drive the quality of our iOS Support app experience. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Self-service Engineering if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Degree or working experience in software engineering
- Deep knowledge of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Experience crafting test documentation and planning for complex feature sets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to respond and react in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide and meet time estimates for assigned deliverables
- Focus on the smallest, meaningful details
- Passion for solving problems in innovative, unique ways
- Contributing to the quality of the end to end Support app user experience. - Feature scoping, test plan engineering, on device testing, network and performance testing, triaging software bugs, contributing to test automation efforts and regular reporting on feature quality. - Escalating key quality issues and driving to resolution. - Interacting with international testers, development engineers and project management around the world to help reproduce issues, test features and drive the quality of the Support App. - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?