PR Manager, ALAC
Miami, Florida, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a Public Relations Manager to drive strategy, planning and execution of PR programs and initiatives in Latin American. This is first and foremost a media relations role. You will be hands on, working day-to-day to engage with local journalists explaining our products and services and bringing them to life through feature stories that showcase their benefits to consumers. Responsibilities will encompass crafting and leading results-oriented PR programs with technology, consumer, lifestyle, entertainment, broadcast and general business press; partnering with product marketing to develop product positioning, messaging and competitive analysis. Great fits are extraordinary team players, self-motivated with a passion for consumer technology, innovation and culture and have a deep understanding of the media landscape and social media space. Role will require you to be highly organized, able to work under tight deadlines with a keen attention to details.
- 10+ years experience in PR. This might include roles in PR agencies or corporate PR departments;
- Strong product knowledge and experience working for or with a global organization in a consumer and/or corporate PR capacity, consumer technology, entertainment and lifestyle markets are preferred;
- Deep understanding and network with Latin American media/journalists;
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills combined with precise project management;
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, energizing environment;
- Highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills;
- Availability for travels;
- Fluent command of English language. Spanish fluency is desired. Portuguese knowledge is a plus.
IN THIS CAPACITY YOU: Use your first-class knowledge of the media landscape in Latin America to broaden and deepen our contacts with consumer lifestyle, technology, entertainment and business outlets. Have your finger on the pulse of any changes in the media industry. Be the first to know about new publications, blogs, programs or journalists taking up new posts. Spot the opportunities that arise from these changes and recommend how we can capitalize on them to improve coverage. Have the ability to dive deep into our segment markets to identify new and creative ways to reach influencing media, develop/localize relevant content and share the Apple story. Are the local authority as pertains to PR initiatives with the flexibility to support multiple areas as needed. Possess expert knowledge of competitive products and keep the WW team up to date on what's going on in your markets. Manage and respond to day-to-day press enquiries and ensure our regular media are kept up to speed on the latest Apple news. Play an instrumental role in influencing how launch and momentum campaigns are developed to ensure maximum coverage in Latin America. Organize briefings with key press, via press tours, selection of Hit Lists for special events, planning of briefings, capturing coverage, and reporting on results. Have the capacity to handle crisis and other reactive PR situations with grace and ease, knowing when and how to respond to media inquiries. Identify and raise potential public issues that may impact Apple; diffuse rumors, and resolve conflicting messages. Handle distribution of PR materials and resources (press release, images, reviewers guides, B-roll) as required. Drive a product seeding program for launch, momentum campaigns and content reviews. Identify new opportunities and handhold media to ensure a seamless experience. Track key coverage for your areas and share news with the wider Latin American and global teams when relevant. You are naturally passionate, creative, results oriented, dynamic and strategic. You are responsible for the successful planning and management of a number of projects, prioritizing these to meet critical deadlines delivering work on time and on budget.
Education & Experience
University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.
- *Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.