Sr. Producer, News Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple News team is growing and we are looking for a Producer focused on News operations. Working in partnership with the Apple News content services teams you have a deep familiarity with content planning, production and execution, and you understand the impact of decisions on both internal teams and our partners. We are looking for a person who is proactive and able to ramp up quickly, thrives in a dynamic environment, and is incredibly organized. Ideally you will have experience working with or within the publishing industry.
- You have a proven ability to build rapport, establish credibility, and achieve results at all team levels.
- You require minimal direction working towards predetermined goals and are able to independently anticipate and resolve problems while keeping focused on overall project priorities.
- You have at least 6 years of experience leading content production with an innate ability to lead multiple projects and navigate competing priorities simultaneously.
- You have a successful track record in managing clear briefs to ensure that key internal and external partners are aligned.
- Ideally, you will have some experience working within or with the publishing industry, but not required.
In this role, you will work closely with editorial, design, operations, and external partners to determine priorities for the content services team. You will build and maintain schedules for publisher, editorial, design, and ops initiatives. On a regular basis you will communicate project status, and negotiate expectations, dates, and achievements with cross functional team members, including editorial, design, operations, engineering, and upper-level management. You know at all times the health of projects, risks and implications to timelines. We foster relationships with cross-functional and external teams to ensure that we’re delivering against asks while building an environment that allows for innovation. We work closely with internal and external partners to identify more efficient workflows.
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelors Degree with 4+ years Project Management/Producer type experience.