Senior Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as committers on some of these projects, we are pushing the envelope. Working with different teams, we manage many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and extract the value. We do all this with an excellent group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
- Proven track record as a manager, demonstrated aptitude in managing complex backend infrastructure projects.
- Strong cross-functional partnerships and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in building and launching large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in languages like Java, C++ or similar.
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high throughput, low latency systems.
- Experience in building and managing highly skilled team of distributed systems engineers.
- Solid CS background, concurrent programming, and data structures.
- Solid understanding of the full development lifecycle, developing detailed technical designs, and implementation.
- Meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- 3+ Years of managerial experience and with 8+ Years of Software engineering experience.
Join Apple's AML Team as a Senior Software Engineering Manager where you will help build innovative software applications that focus on technical excellence. Candidate should have development and implementation experience of large scale mission critical applications while leading a team of elite engineers. Main responsibilities of this position are the following: - Architect creative products, and innovate new technologies & solutions, play a hands-on development and design role, and deliver product in a rapid and dynamic environment. - Be involved in meaningful and dynamic projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative Systems. - Develop tools to monitor system health, performance, and deployment. - Work with project managers and technical teams, in a multi-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet the business goals. - You are expected to be self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 10-12 years or MS degree plus 8-10 years experience, or equivalent.