Frameworks Engineer, Apple Watch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the team that is shaping the future of software development for the Apple Watch! As a software engineer on the Watch Frameworks team you will be responsible for designing and implementing the object-oriented programming interfaces used by internally and third-party developers to create cutting-edge applications for watchOS. This is a young platform and there are a lot of opportunities to design new, innovative APIs that will power apps used by millions of users. You will join a hands-on development team that champions creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- You will have 6+ years of software development experience
- You possess excellent Cocoa and Objective-C coding ability
- Experience with C/C++
- You have experience in designing a reusable API
- Consistent record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- You have experience optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Experience with at least one application framework (especially from Cocoa or Cocoa
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fantastic attention to detail
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As a framework engineer for Apple Watch you will have many responsibilities relating to the design, development, and testing of the watchOS SDK. These include: • We design APIs to be used within the technical constraints of the software and the hardware of a small, low power device. • We improve the watchOS frameworks to work without constraints on exciting and easy to use interfaces. • We develop well-designed APIs that can stand the test of time. • We coordinate with the quality assurance team to both ensure full test coverage as well as to initiate focused testing on all APIs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.