Financial Analyst, Operations (CapEx)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our ideas have a way of becoming top selling products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join the Operations Finance CapEx team to support a highly visible area in the manufacturing of Apple's innovative products. You would be able to seamlessly balance operations support and finance responsibilities including presenting capital budgets to leadership and forecasting/accounting for financial impact. In this role the analyst provides financial support to various operations VPs and their staff, requiring excellent communication skills, strong business insight, and the ability to think fluidly during presentations. The position acquires in-depth knowledge of operations’ business strategies, forecasting processes, and the company’s goals. The position offers the opportunity to work closely with operations teams to understand capacity, equipment bring up, line design, product design and engineering lifecycle throughout development and into mass production. If you are a proven leader who adopts change, offers fresh opinions, and constantly looks for new and improved ways to achieve results this could be the team for you. You would have the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision while completing a variety of complex and non-standardized tasks in a high-paced environment. A big plus would be an interest in operations and understanding how Apple’s products begin in development with engineering and are taken through mass production to delight our customers.
- 2+ years professional work experience with increasing responsibilities
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced environment
- Hands-on financial experience performing budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Strong ability to build trusted cross-functional networks to accomplish goals
- Build consensus while driving valuable meetings amongst cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical, logic and financial modeling abilities
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty
- A self starter who is curious, creative and can work autonomously
- Proven ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to various levels of the organization
- Strong project management skills including ability to persistently follow through on simultaneous open issues from end-to-end
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Hardworking, willingness to learn new technologies and manufacturing concepts
- Capable of grasping essentials in unstructured complex situations
- Fierce attention to detail with laser beam accuracy
- Champion for continuous improvement and innovative approaches
- High level of proficiency with Excel and presentation tools (i.e. Keynote)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: - Preparation and presentation of manufacturing capital budgets for current and future products to operations and finance leadership. - Thorough analysis, understanding and challenging of the assumptions supporting the respective budgets. - Modeling capital decision analysis and providing recommendations. - Drive the tracking and reporting of capital related expenditures versus forecast and budget. - Business partnering with operations including global supply managers, operations leadership and coordination with planning and marketing. - Interact with all levels (from analyst to executives) and departments (such as other finance groups, IS&T, facilities, procurement, logistics, tax, legal, trade compliance, etc.). - Own CapEx per unit cost reporting, including capital cost allocation modeling scenarios for new products. - Prepare and present the monthly forecast based on information provided by operations team to determine total acquisition costs and derive depreciation of capital over multiple quarters. - Help drive quarterly accounting close to ensure that assets and related liabilities are properly recorded within GAAP. - Participate in global cross-functional operational improvement initiatives. - Review, change, and develop accounting policies. - Review strategic capital and tooling related deals to ensure financial diligence. - Work with management and Technical Accounting on emerging issues. - Contribute in process reengineering of the area, including the implementation of an in-house built tool. THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE A PLUS: - Demonstrated database or system development experience - Audit experience - Previous experience within a multinational company or manufacturing company - Experience with database programs, FileMaker, SAP, Business Objects, Tableau, etc. - Well versed in technical accounting matters. - Experience working with legal and tax.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA or MBA a plus but not required.