CSM Analog Design Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We have an extraordinary opportunity for senior level silicon design engineers to drive and lead technical engagements between Apple and silicon suppliers working on groundbreaking technologies. The Apple Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and AppleTV. We are looking for a remarkable Analog Design Lead to work together with multi-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of custom silicon solutions.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of experience leading analog and mixed-signal silicon for complex system designs.
- Solid understanding of analog design fundamentals, design tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated industry-leading design expertise required.
- Experience taking projects from the concept phase to Mass Production including: chip architecture, micro-architecture, writing electrical specifications, process technology selection, die size estimation, running schedules, IC design, analog layout, parasitic extraction, verification, DFT, DRCs, LVS, LVL, mask and wafer fabrication monitoring, silicon characterization, hands-on lab evaluation, release to production, yield improvement, and failure analysis support.
- System applications include PMIC, Audio Codecs, Audio Amplifiers, Wireless, Connectivity, Security and Video.
- In depth expert design experience of analog building blocks: multi-phase buck and boost converters, LDOs, battery chargers, temperature sensors, voltage monitors, bias, bandgap, amplifiers, audio Class AB and Class D, data converters DACs and ADCs.
- Design knowledge of board level considerations, including component selection, PCB layout, packaging technologies and thermal analysis.
- Design knowledge of IC process technologies, reliability design rules, ESD and latch-up testing.
- Knowledge about industrial standards and practices in appropriate technologies.
- Work experience with high volume manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Design management experience preferred.
As a part of the team who delivers high-quality, on-time silicon, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of silicon design: - Working with Platform Architecture and Systems teams to establish silicon requirements. - Delivering first revision functional silicon and production worthy silicon per system requirements on schedule. - Working with silicon vendors to ensure state-of-the-art design practices, methodologies/processes are in place to produce quality results - Responsible for next-generation architectures and circuit designs and development of new process technologies. - Ensuring designs are properly verified, validated, and tested for long-term reliability. - Leading schedules and supporting multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Some Travel Required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.