Platform SRE - PIE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Platform Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) team is building the next generation tools empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast moving, highly skilled agile team designing and building a continuous integration and delivery system that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products with. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love challenges. If you feel like you'd love to join this amazing team, we'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of software development and/or production operations experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong coding and scripting knowledge in languages like Go, Python, Ruby or Java.
- Experience in managing and scaling multi-tier web-services infrastructure in a public, private or hybrid cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Terraform, Spinnaker, Ansible, SmartStack et al.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker swarm et al preferred.
- Experience with chaos engineering, scale testing and/or disaster recovery.
- Good systems level understanding of Linux (RedHat derivatives).
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery.
Enjoy talking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance limits of web-services. Love to build bots that automate your job away. Be curious about how systems work and, more importantly, how they fail. Have the ability to design and deploy scalable, distributed systems. Like to collaborate with peers to foster solid engineering principles. Have a bias for action and act like an owner. Believe in acquiring and spreading knowledge via mentorship.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience