Site Reliability Engineer ( SRE )
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join Maps SRE in the multi-billion dollar a year Services organization of the Internet Services Operations team. We are currently seeking a number of extraordinary Site Reliability Engineers' as we enhance the support model for our Maps business that millions of customers use every day. We are hiring high quality engineers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets that make you uniquely qualified to work in an environment that is fast paced, complex, and extremely large and will need to be a teammate and work effectively with other members of the Global Team. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love challenges. If you feel like you'd love to join this amazing team, we would love to hear from you.
- Confirmed experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems.
- Are you extremely organized, detail oriented, and thorough in every undertaking?
- Are you able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new variables?
- Demonstrated problem solving ability utilizing creative and innovating thinking but also adhering to a strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- You will need drive, be self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- We are seeking passionate people with partnership and positive attitude.
- Able to work closely with other team members as well as work independently.
- You will be responsible for the application and all aspects of it in production including the user experience - Work reciprocally with developers in supporting new features, services, releases, and become an authority in our services - Monitor site reliability and performance - Scale infrastructure to meet demand - Fix site down issues - Continuously monitor/improve the quality of our infrastructure - Develop automation tools - Document system design and procedures - Participate in on-call rotation
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here...
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.