Seattle, Washington, United States
Apple’s Talent Analytics team is accountable for equipping decision makers with insights through analytics to make the best decisions about people — individuals, teams and organizations. This close-knit, highly productive and well-regarded team is looking for a key player with complementary skills to help deliver on its vision of democratizing talent insights through research and technology. The Analyst will play a lead role in running and improving Apple’s talent analytics technology platform - HRBI (human resources business intelligence) from data architecture design to visualization. This highly collaborative role works closely with the Talent Analytics: Senior Research Analyst, Apple HR leaders, Apple’s Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) team, HR’s Global Solutions team, and third party technology and analytics consultants.
- A proven foundation in data science, including at least 5 years of relevant business or people analytics experience, and a commitment to data governance
- Mastery of relational databases (SQL or MySQL)
- Mastery of Tableau in terms of end-to-end design and development of Tableau solutions - a Tableau Jedi who can design the data architecture, captivating dashboards, data security models, projects and workbooks
- Experience in project management, process mapping, and documentation
- Proficiency with at least one statistical software package such as SAS, SPSS, R, etc.
- Ability to translate complex data concepts into simple visualizations
Be a Tableau authority who is passionate about using technology to extract and share talent analytic insights using creative data visualizations Supply ongoing research and enterprise analytics initiatives and scale analytic insights using our internal platforms You will lead and deliver communications to HR and business leadership Support Talent Analytics initiatives
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree. Technical graduate degree preferred; or equivalent practical experience
- The rare ability to persuade an entrenched decision maker to alter their thinking through the creative use of narrative, data, and visualizations
- A record of adding value to work outcomes through innovation and an orientation toward continuous refinement and improvement
- Very high detail orientation and unwavering tendency toward thoroughness and rigor
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback, including facility toward open debate and advocacy that is direct, constructive, compassionate, and results in better products and client outcomes
- You will have the ability to pivot between widely divergent tasks and subject matter on short notice, and rapidly adapt to dynamic audiences
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.