Sr. Software Engineering Lead (Full Stack)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a full stack development Lead on the Engineering Solutions Tools Engineering team, you will design and build high performance, highly scalable, fault tolerant systems for critical Apple needs. You will architect highly usable, powerful, clean, and beautiful Web UIs. You will work closely with a small agile team of talented engineers, project managers and product managers collaborating with users to design, build, and deploy top-quality applications. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Product Engineering Systems if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 5+ years experience with modern web frameworks and/or libraries such as React, Angular, etc.
- 8+ years of experience in modeling n-tier applications
- 6+ years experience of Database modeling; PL/SQL and SQL. MongoDB is a plus
- Experience writing unit tests for web applications
- Experience in defining continuous integration build processes for front-end web development
- Knowledge of common design patterns in web development (MVC, MVVM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of source control software such as Git (preferred)
- Exposure to Agile project management methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing applications for Supply Chain business domain, with more focus on Supply Planning, Demand Planning
- Willingness to learn new technologies and implement in short time
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team
- Experience in leading a team of developers and QA
- You will Collaborate with application owners, developers, QA, project managers, support teams, and end users - Lead proof-of-concept and pilot implementations to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems - Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security - Must be able to perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues - Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers - Develop critical system components as well as take bottom line for team’s timely deliverables quality and performance - Demonstrate solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies - Participate in architectural design meetings for data/system integration projects - Team lead experience required - Occasionally will need to handle Application Production (warranty) support - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities - Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams - A dream to work in a creative, dynamic and challenging work environment
Education & Experience
BA or BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and 9+ years experience.