Battery Cell Chemistry Development Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's Hardware Technology organization, you will be responsible for development of battery solutions for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for a high-energy EPM to support technically significant projects where you are expected to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams to deliver complex solutions. You will understand lithium based rechargeable cells, and have a real passion for upending conventional wisdom of material development to push industry boundaries and deliver state of the art batteries. You also will have working understanding of chemistries to drive and execute a plan from concept development, to build management through product integration. The EPM will have a consistent track record of enabling larger multi-functional teams delivering systems efficiently and with high quality. You will also be able to bridge gaps between different engineering teams while driving and qualifying suppliers to Apple battery specifications.
- 10+ years of industry experience (preferably Battery or Consumer Electronics) of taking technologies from concept definition to mass production.
- 2+ years of technical project management experience in Material Development.
- Experience with emphasis on lithium ion or lithium polymer battery cells is helpful.
- Knowledge of current state of the art production process applicable to lithium rechargeable cells preferred.
- Experience in working with suppliers to develop and qualify battery.
- Demonstrated adeptness in working in a dynamic, multi-functional environment; engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, social and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react dedicatedly to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and lead complex design trade-offs.
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remaining flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
• The Battery Technology EPM leads a multi-functional team of battery, chemical, system, and manufacturing engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. • Drive day-to-day program activities to meet program objectives. • Develop project plans, lead, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize program tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities include build management to meet overall project objectives. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • You will facilitate strong communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum, from individual contributors to executive management.
Education & Experience
BS in Chemical Engineering or Material Science Required; MS preferred