Battery Cell Technology Development Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results, and communicate effectively? Come to Apple and work within a diverse team to deliver innovative battery products/technologies to our customers. This is an excellent opportunity to engage in groundbreaking technologies and deliver new Apple products year after year. As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within Apple's Hardware Technology organization, you will be responsible for development of battery solutions for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for an upbeat Engineering Project Manager to support technically meaningful projects where you are encouraged to bring to bear your engineering acumen to enable multi-functional teams to deliver groundbreaking solutions. You will understand lithium based rechargeable cells, and have a passion for upending conventional wisdom of material and packaging development to push industry boundaries and deliver better Batteries. You will also possess working understanding of battery cell design and manufacturing to drive and execute a plan from concept development to build management to product integration. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of enabling larger multi-functional delivering complex systems efficiently and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams, while driving and qualifying suppliers to Apple Battery specifications.
- 10+ years of industry experience (preferably Battery or Consumer Electronics) taking technologies from concept definition to mass production. Experience with emphasis on lithium ion or lithium polymer battery cells a plus
- 4+ years of technical project management experience in material development, mechanical design, and manufacturing process development
- Knowledge of current state of the art production process applicable to lithium rechargeable cells advantageous.
- Experience in working with suppliers to develop and qualify battery design.
- Proven adeptness in working in a fast-paced, multi-functional environment; engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react actively to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and lead complex design tradeoffs.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
• Lead a multi-functional team of battery, chemical, system, and manufacturing engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. • Facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. • Drive day-to-day program activities to meet program objectives. • Develop project plans, lead, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities, including build management, to meet overall project objectives. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions.
Education & Experience
BS in Chemical Engineering or Material Science Required; MS preferred