Software Development Engineer in Test, Product Engineering Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Be a part of the most exciting products in the market today—the revolutionary iPhone, the magical iPad, the Apple Watch, and more. Our team creates solutions centered around apps, services, tools, and systems that help Apple engineering teams worldwide realize the vision of the products they invent. We invite you to be part of this phenomenon!
- 5 years of experience in a professional quality or software engineering position
- Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented individual, with excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Familiarity with building test plans and automation for complex full stack applications
- Experience with technologies common to modern web application and service development, i.e. HTTP, TLS, JSON, XML, and cryptography
- In depth knowledge of back end development technologies such as Java, Python, and related frameworks
- Experience with testing and automation of Java-based web services; end-to-end as well as unit testing using frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
- Experience with testing and automation of browser-based applications deployed on a variety of platforms, including automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience with testing and automation of iOS and macOS applications
- Experience with relational database technologies such as Oracle or Postgres
- Experience with source control technologies like Git
- Experience with non-relational storage solutions such as Cassandra and Solr
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka
This role demands the best and brightest; the ideal candidate will be well rounded and offer a diverse skillset that aligns with the key qualifications listed above. Radar is Apple’s internal software for tracking and reporting on features, enhancements, issues, agile sprints, test suites, and test cases. Our software is used by technical and business teams all across Apple—including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Internet Services, AppleCare, Operations, Legal, Apple Retail, Made for iPhone, as well as third party partners. When Apple ships a product, Radar was there to help make it happen. Day to day responsibilities will include: Working with client team members and management to design new features and enhancements Working with server engineering team in designing web service contracts to support new functionality Implementing new features and enhancements to a high level of quality Analyzing bugs raised by QA and end users, and identifying fixes Think you’re a fit? We’d like to hear from you! This hands-on role demands the best and brightest; the ideal candidate will be well rounded and offer a diverse skillset that aligns with the key qualifications listed above. Our team’s focus areas include Device Services; responsible for activating every iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, iPod, and HomePod worldwide, and Radar; Apple’s birth-to-death ecosystem for managing product and feature planning, testing, and defects. This is a highly cross-functional role; we interact closely with technical and business teams all across Apple including Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Internet Services, AppleCare, Operations, Legal, Apple Retail, Made for iPhone, as well as wireless carriers and other third party partners. Day to day responsibilities will include: • Continual interaction with engineering, infrastructure, site reliability, project management, and partner technical and business teams to develop engineering specifications • Work with other quality and performance engineers to develop test plans/test cases and supporting automation,establishing standards, estimate effort and coordinate test execution • Identification and documentation of defects, and work with stakeholders to prioritize resolution • Work with stakeholders to define and continually assess metrics that track product quality Think you’re a fit? We’d like to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.