Manager, Customer Quality Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 10+ years of management experience in manufacturing or development of electronics
- Exceptional ability to build relationships
- Ability to drive improvements/changes across multiple functions in the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Including the ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Technical systems knowledge related to electronics and mechanical assembly
- Third party production quality & process management experience
- Solid understanding of Quality Methods, Statistics and Data Analytics
- Experience working with high volume manufactures a plus
- Ability to travel internationally 30%.
Join the dynamic Product Quality Engineering team leading the customer quality engineering function. You will partner closely with the Engineering, Operations, and AppleCare teams to ensure our customers have the best customer experience. • Drive the functional strategy and continuous operational improvements • Own and drive key quality metrics • Lead the weekly Quality Improvement Forum • Provide regular management level communication on product quality • Monitor Customer Experience metrics in the field and drive improvements • Monitor key Quality production metrics and drive improvements • Manage product quality escalations • Drive on-going product improvements with Manufacturing, AppleCare and Engineering teams • Manage the early look program capturing, analyzing and making improvements immediately after launching a new product • Capture lessons learned and work with NPI to make these improvements • Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with OEM partners • Set up automated reporting systems
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering