Return to Work Program- Software Engineer Web Application
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Returning to a career after extended time off? Welcome back — and welcome to Apple. Whether you took time off for your family, military service, education, health, or a personal passion project, we value your entire life experience. After all, Apple’s culture depends on a wide range of talent and perspectives. It’s our diverse collective of thinkers and doers that makes innovation possible. That’s why we created the Apple Return to Work program. It features full-time, paid 17-week returnships that provide mentorship, professional development, and networking opportunities, as well as employee benefits. Eligible applicants will have at least five years of relevant work experience and have taken a career break of two or more years. The Hardware Test Engineering Core Infrastructure team is responsible for application development to improve management and scalability of factory test platforms worldwide. If you are an ambitious, self-motivated software developer, then we want you to join our team to work on several key systems. We are looking for someone who is thoughtful, consistent, and committed to bringing ideas to the team.
- 4+ years developing database applications. Experience in RDBMS databases, including schema design. MySQL and Percona preferred.
- 4+ years developing high performance application systems
- Experience in Scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Ruby, or Python)
- Experience in RESTful API's and crafting documents in the JSON data format
- Strong ability to code and troubleshoot in a UNIX environment
- Experience rolling out changes to high reliability production environments
- Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- Excellent communication skills
In this role you will: • Design and develop tools to support next-generation factory manufacturing infrastructure • Design and implement data storage structures and interfaces • Engage with users to drive requirements and work with the multi-functional team to determine technical specifications. Anticipate and plan for the corner cases and error handling. • Maintain and improve existing applications and integrated systems. • Independently prioritize and forecast different tasks, with a proven track record of timely execution, and an eye toward minimizing technical debt from the beginning. • Highlight and strive to workaround any issues as they arise. • Perform complete testing of application — unit and system. • Test, verify, and support your code from development through user acceptance testing and into production. • Debug and root cause reported issues. • Release bug-free, complex, internal-facing projects under demanding timelines, while working in a collaborative, inclusive environment Additional Requirements • Experience in coding in React or Angular a strong plus.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors of Science, CS or equivalent experience.