Environment, Health and Safety Lead - Culver City
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. POSITION OVERVIEW This position is responsible for providing a central resource to building occupant groups for environmental, health and safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations at the Culver City site. Major areas of responsibility include industrial hygiene, physical safety, life safety, and environmental protection. This position reports in to the EHS Manager for US Campuses.
- 5-7 years EHS experience
- Knowledge of applicable EHS regulations and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to influence without authority
- Able to work independently
- Relevant technical certification (CSP, CIH, REA, etc.) preferred
- Provide or arrange for all EHS services for the facility, including but not limited to: - Training - Personal protective equipment - Hazard assessments - Incident investigations - Workplace safety inspections - Emergency response, including after-hours on-call coverage - Regulated waste disposal - Develop and implement written environmental, health & safety programs, tools, and materials for the facility - Maintain positive relationships with EHS regulatory agencies for the facility and manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting - Partner with various site departments, including Facilities, Project Management, Human Resources, Security, and Wellness - Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits
Education & Experience
- BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- - Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- - Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- - Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results.
- - Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- - Deliver more than the customer expects.
- - Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- - Drive for results.