Apple Advertising Platforms - Business Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We’re looking for a thoughtful, confident and detail-oriented business program manager to manage strategic, cross-functional programs and projects ensuring goals and success criteria are clearly understood and outcomes achieved. A successful candidate will help set strategy, drive action and problem-solve, and continually improve upon existing processes so that the organization is able to deliver effectively. This role will be within the Business Operations team and will work closely with leaders within Advertising Platforms and IS&S organizations. The Business Program Manager will lead and support initiatives related to new products/features, technical developments, global business initiatives, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented professional who drives results, can think strategically, adapt quickly, motivate and influence, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrable strength and experience in positions of leadership among cross-functional teams, ability to inspire and influence employees and leaders across teams and geographies and accountability for delivering clear, measurable results.
- Relentless focus on delivering results; action-oriented. Strong project management, organizational, and creative thinking skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines while under pressure.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to take sizable problems and break them into small manageable pieces.
- Ability to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Proactive self-starter with a professional, positive demeanor.
- Ability to learn complex, technical topics quickly and explain them simply.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Advertising industry with a focus on cross platform deliverables.
- Willingness to learn, grow and take on expanded duties as business needs evolve.
Description: Be an influential and effective leader of programs across various Apple teams including: Business Operations, Legal/Finance, Business Development, Product Development, and Engineering. Define strategic objectives and operational plans; manage and monitor program execution, timeliness, quality of work, and effectiveness of team collaboration. Work with cross functional teams to define future state and orchestrate comprehensive plans to deliver on department initiatives. Conduct recurring business reviews to improve visibility of program performance and facilitate decision making at all levels of the organization. Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication, keeping everyone focused on what’s important while unifying stakeholders with different priorities and or objectives. Meet with key stakeholders across the organization on an ongoing basis to capture status updates, reiterate strategic objectives, and keep communication open across all levels. Listen to what people are saying (while understanding what people aren’t saying) to identify and address underlying issues and their root causes. Help guide initiatives in a positive and productive manner across all teams and geographies. Partner with leaders to identify and address critical issues, and remove barriers impeding the success of the business.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Minimum of 5 years experience in technical program management or management consulting, driving organizational effectiveness for entrepreneurial, global businesses.