Director, Employee Communications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Communications team communicates Apple’s news and values every day to internal and external audiences. The role of Director, Employee Communications will serve as a strategic leader to Apple’s Employee Communications organization, reporting to the Vice President of Communications, and the Vice President of People, helping inform and connect with employees throughout Apple’s global population. In this role, you will collaborate with internal partners including the People Organization, Product Marketing, Giving and many other functional teams and support groups to drive internal communications. Working with a talented group of creatives and operational partners who are passionate about Apple’s employees and culture, you will play a key role in developing and executing strategy, supporting solutions and developing tools for ongoing internal communications.
- You have 12+ years experience running operations in a creative environment; ideally within a fast-paced communications organization, either internal or external facing.
- You have strong leadership and management experience across multiple operational and creative functions within a global organization.
- You have experience setting an operationally-minded communications strategy by building consensus and cross-functional collaboration.
- You have passion in building process and structure to support the creative process and ultimately optimize execution of day-to-day operations and scheduled deliverables.
- You are an extraordinary communicator with a knack for fostering positive relationships with people in different disciplines and at different levels. This includes vendor-partner relationships.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and pivoting in an ever-changing environment.
- You are curious, flexible and a dedicated problem solver. You are also fair, kind and collaborative.
- You have extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
- You are passionate about the Apple culture, values, and employee population and are energized by building and driving a strategy to create a platform to showcase, broadcast and enforce the amazing culture that makes Apple the place to do your life’s best work.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Internal Communications across Apple through direct communications to employees on behalf of the Company. In close partnership with the People, Communications and Leadership teams, you will help develop and be responsible for leading the global internal communications through oversight of the Employee News Service, AppleWeb, and other internal platforms. Working closely with the People, Communications and Leadership teams, you will help communicate the Company’s priorities to the passionate employee population on a global level. This is an opportunity to implement operational and creative process and structure, lead a team of collaborative creatives and work cross-functionally to drive internal communications within Apple.
Education & Experience
BS degree preferred, or equivalent experience