Technical Writer – MFi Program Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Excellent writing skills and writing samples, including material for a developer audience.
- Knowledge of embedded communication protocols, firmware and hardware development on embedded systems, software development kits, and technologies including Wi-Fi, BLE, USB, and TCP/IP.
- Pages and Keynote
- Plaintext workflows like Markdown, Git, and bash
- Visualization tools like Omnigraffle and Photoshop, or similar tools
- Version control and version control systems
- Experience collaborating with software development teams, and ability to learn and understand technical requirements written by others and receive feedback
- Track record of efficiently delivering a high volume of documentation in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
The MFi (Made for iPhone/iPad/iPod) team is seeking a technical writer to draft, update and maintain developer technical specifications and documentation for companies creating hardware accessories that use the technologies licensed through the MFi Program. These technical specifications describe the requirements for implementing Apple’s proprietary communication protocols, including HomeKit, CarPlay, AirPlay, GymKit, and more. The scope of the role will span the entire writing cycle – from requirements gathering in conjunction with Engineering teams to document production and publishing.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Technical Communication, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.