Process and Assembly Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, and test of camera hardware for Apple products. We are seeking a Process Development Engineer to lead new manufacturing process development for camera hardware modules and components.
- 5+ years experience leading manufacturing process development in at least one of the following fields: semiconductor packaging, Opto-Mechanical assembly, wafer optics, or panel optics.
- Experience working with subcontractors on material development and process engineering.
- Experience with high volume manufacturing ramps, and transition from development to production.
- Flexibility to tackle challenges in new areas, and to apply a broad foundation of knowledge to identify methods of investigation and study.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a broad audience in order to build understanding and support.
You will work as the key process engineer supporting complex modules. Lead DFM and new product design reviews. Provide leadership in the areas of modules assembly, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing. Participate in the assessment and selection of vendors. You will travel to vendor sites and work with vendors to develop MP intent equipment, process and materials.
Education & Experience
BS with 5+ years of experience or MS/ PhD degree with 3+ in Materials Science Engineering, Physics or equivalent. Familiar with quality tools: Data collection and analysis, process control via SPC, Design of Experiment. Proficient verbal and written english language skills.