Analog/Mixed-Signal Design Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of the Analog/Mixed Signal IC design efforts. You will have a critical impact on getting products to millions of customers with high quality and timely. Do you want to be a part of the RFIC design team and provide RF solutions for tomorrow's wireless chips? We have multiple needs and are open to multiple experience levels.
- Good knowledge of ADC/DAC designs/architectures.
- Strong knowledge of RF blocks such as VCOs, LNA and up/down converters.
- Sound knowledge of system partitioning and how they relate to block level specs.
- Working knowledge of bandgaps, bias, opamps, switched-cap circuits, feedback and compensation techniques.
- Hands-on knowledge of low noise design techniques.
- Solid knowledge of high precision techniques in presence of device mismatch.
- Experience in C/Matlab/VerilogA modeling. Strong device physics knowledge as it applies to analog IC designs.
- Good working experience in using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc. for analog design validation.
- Experience in working with production test engineers to firm up test plans and design for testability details.
As an Analog Mixed Signal Design Engineer at Apple, you will utilize your vast background in Analog Circuit Design, and be responsible for providing Analog/Mixed Signal design solutions for wireless chips. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Transistor-level feasibility studies for various blocks in AFE. Designing blocks and documenting design towards formal design reviews. - Drive mask design to implement layout view of designs. - Top-level simulations to validate top-level integration. - Defining production/bench-level testplans. - Taking lab measurements to validate analog designs. - Driving/reviewing yield/lab test results to drive bug fixes. Design for ESD compliance.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.