Senior Business Operations Project & Program Manager, Internet Services for China
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services. We are looking for an excellent Senior Program Manager to help drive the growth and investment in infrastructure to support our Internet Services in China. You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; knowing how things work and the success of the entire ecosystem drives you; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver. Proficiency in Mandarin or experience working in China is required.
- Experience negotiating and building relationships with internal and external partners. Must be able to interact and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient.
- Curiosity about things outside your direct responsibility, and a constant desire to learn new things.
- Naturally accountable and responsible. Consistent record of delivering under demanding deadlines without oversight.
- Able to re-prioritize projects on short-notice and adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels.
- Precise facilitation skills. Willing to consult with partners to ensure adequate input and feedback on business processes to bridge the divide between partners and achieve the best results for the business.
- Drive process improvements through tools, automations, and other efficiencies.
- Exhibit strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills.
- You are a leader and able to get things done without formal authority.
- Ability to improvise and use creativity to solve ambiguous and difficult challenges.
- Bonus point for experience working with Chinese regulators and state-owned enterprise.
We're looking for someone with a proven track record of owning and delivering complex projects under demanding timelines. Our investment in Internet Services in China is growing substantially and presents many unique challenges. You understand how our projects intersect with business, product, finance, government affairs and legal, and build awareness and capabilities in those areas. You build strong relationships across Apple, and with our partners in China. You will lead a cross functional team to drive process and system improvements. You are able to operate without a playbook and operationalize a new process from scratch. While this is not a pure technical role, you are comfortable engaging with the engineering team and have the ability to understand technical issues and effective communication with engineering teams.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required. Master degree preferred.