Developer Publications - Technical Illustrator/Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
In Developer Publications, we teach people to design and build incredible software for Apple’s platforms, including complete beginners starting out with Swift Playgrounds, designers using our Human Interface Guidelines, and expert developers using Xcode. As a Technical Illustrator/Designer, you'll work closely with editors, engineers, designers, and teams across Apple to produce engaging, informative illustrations and animations that help developers understand complex concepts and new technologies. You'll also assist with other types of artwork production, including web artwork, icons, slide presentations, and more.
- A real passion for Apple and dedication to extraordinary design
- Creativity combined with critical thinking, and the ability to work independently and self-motivate
- The ability to interpret complex topics and distill them into clear, simplified designs
- An understanding of UX/UI design principles and superb attention to detail
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high degree of skill in technical illustration, infographics, and graphic design
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and other industry-standard design tools
- Experience using prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, OmniGraffle, and Keynote
- Familiarity with app development with Xcode and Swift/Objective-C desirable
- Experience with 3D illustration and animation a plus
In this role, your key responsibilities include: - Participating at every level of developer content artwork production, from concept to production to publication - Collaborating with writers, editors, engineers, and others to identify and understand artwork needs - Conducting thorough research on complex topics (including developer tools, frameworks, APIs, and more) - Producing high-quality artwork that’s purposeful, accurate, and adheres to design standards - Contributing to the improvement/expansion of design standards
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design, or equivalent industry experience.