Developer Publications - Technical Illustrator/Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
In Developer Publications, we teach people—from complete beginners using Swift Playgrounds, to designers leveraging our Human Interface Guidelines, to advanced developers with decades of experience using Xcode—how to design and build incredible software for Apple’s platforms. In this role, you'll work closely with writers, editors, engineers, and teams across Apple to design engaging, informative illustrations and animations that help developers understand complex concepts and new technologies. You'll also assist with other types of artwork production, including web artwork, icons, slide presentations, and more.
- A passion for Apple and phenomenal design
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high degree of skill in technical illustration, infographics, and graphic design
- The ability to interpret complex topics and distill them into clear, simplified designs
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and other industry-standard design tools
- Experience using prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, OmniGraffle, and Keynote
- Understanding of UX/UI design principles
- A critical eye for design and superb attention to detail
- Familiarity with app development with Xcode and Swift/Objective-C desirable
- Experience with 3D illustration and animation a plus
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are deeply enthusiastic about collaborating with other multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with shown creative and critical thinking capabilities with the ability to work independently
Key responsibilities of this role include: - Participate at every level of developer content artwork production, from concept to production to publication - Collaborate with writers, editors, engineers, and others to identify and understand artwork needs - Conduct thorough research on complex topics (including developer tools, frameworks, APIs, and more) - Produce high-quality artwork that’s purposeful, accurate, and adheres to design standards - Contribute to the improvement/expansion of design standards - Self-motivated and dedicated with shown creative and critical thinking capabilities
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a design related discipline, such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design, or equivalent industry experience.