Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are working on bringing up some disruptive display technology for future Apple products. If you are enthusiastic about working in a highly capable team developing new technology, this is a great chance. In this role, you will be focused on hands-on R&D projects for III/V semiconductor optoelectronic devices for display applications with emphasis on device fabrication and characterization.
- Proven background in semiconductor optoelectronics including epitaxial growth, device physics, III/V semiconductor fabrication and device characterization.
- Hands-on lab skills and extensive fab/cleanroom experience with in-depth knowledge in process development and optimization.
- Capability to set up testing equipment, develop test software and automate tests. Working knowledge of both electrical and optical characterization for optoelectronic devices.
- Have a proven track record in LED technology or related fields, specifically, experience in GaN and GaAs based LEDs is a plus.
- Strong early stage R&D experience of building device from design concept to prototype.
You will develop test vehicles for both wafer level and die level tests Carry out characterizations on LED based devices, perform data analysis and failure analysis Interface device design specialists to interpret the data and carry out failure analysis to pinpoint root causes You will work with vendors and internal groups to develop process modules for wafer-level hybrid integration of optoelectronic devices on various substrates Characterize resultant structures and optimize process modules, craft specifications for integration process modules to device fabrication Interface epi suppliers to tune epitaxial film stack and optimize epi quality to facilitate the process development Will be helpful to have experience in CMOS process technologies Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and people skills
Education & Experience
This position typically requires a PhD degree with 3-5 years of industry experience or a Masters degree with exceptional background experience