Quality Engineer - Apple Partner Solutions and Technologies
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Partner Solutions and Technology team is looking for an extraordinary Senior Quality Engineer with a deep understanding and genuine passion for technology. You will employ innovative techniques, working collaboratively with other team members and business stakeholders to design and develop Quality solutions in a large scale environment for Apple Sales Business. Attention to detail and a dedication to deliver high-quality results is essential. To be successful, you should be self-motivated; driven to achieve and exceed commitments. You also need to exude exceptional collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor and be mentored. Possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation, working with a creative team of talented developers and Quality Engineers. If you want to be a part of this amazing team, this position is for you. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Detail-oriented, analytical, disciplined and creative thinker committed to driving quality forward
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes. Able to work effectively in both Agile and Waterfall project environments.
- Prioritizes the development of strong and effective working partnerships with app Owners, Developers, and other project team members
- Able to effectively communicate and collaborate with remote team members. Can occasionally work outside standard business hours
- Skilled in developing and effectively communicating test strategies that separate the essential from the non-essential work
- Focused on both current work and its future impact. Takes initiative to communicate potential future problems and develops plan to resolve them when appropriate.
- Consistently curious and personally driven by innovative solutions to technical and non-technical challenges.
- Demonstrates both foresight and flexibility in managing the testing of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Skilled in adjusting to late changes and smartly redirecting testing efforts
- Able and willing to directly assist in the testing effort.
- Skilled in communicating the state of the app and testing to different audience types both in-person and remotely.
- Experience with leading and coordinating testing efforts that include both internal and contract employees
- Experience understanding and/or testing with APIs
- Possess traditional black and gray box testing methodologies and skills
- Must be flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Programming experience with automation scripting/tools/tests harness
- Experience in DevOps activity is a plus
You will utilize your experience in QA to test various applications. The basic day-to-day responsibilities include: - Review and analyze requirements, user issues, wireframes, prototypes, etc. Participate in review meetings by QA expertise and product knowledge to ask questions and provide feedback. - Develop Test Plans. - Determine and secure the necessary resources needed to execute on test plans. - Lead and/or coordinate on the readiness tasks necessary to start testing: help draft acceptance criteria, develop test scripts, environment and system setup, etc. - Provide knowledge transfer/demos to Testers. Coordinate, and support all global testing efforts. - Conduct direct testing. - Screen and triage all tickets raised by testers. - Closely coordinate with developers and app owner. - Hold regular testing checkpoints / bug review board meeting. - Create and Run automated checks and investigate failures - Provide risk assessment to app owner - Participate in go-live activities by validating the product after production deployment and supporting any warranty activities. - Assist in training development, change management, and adoption goals.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent experience, plus minimum 4 years working in a software development, or similar engineering environment.