Product Data Science Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, business, and marketing partners.
- 2+ years of experience managing a Data Science team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data pipeline design covering database technologies, ETL, aggregation, code management, query performance optimization, peer review, and productionalization.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Proven ability to work with executive level stakeholders, peers and individual contributors across a range of functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategic mindset with an aptitude to condense complex concepts, analysis and models into actionable data products and strategies that will propel Apple’s digital media businesses.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
Lead AMP Product Data Science by delivering actionable analysis, models and data products. Oversee, recruit and develop a diverse team of high-performing data scientists focused on diving deep into large-scale user experience data. Own and deliver against a prioritized multi-year roadmap for product instrumentation, datasets, reports and dashboards that takes into account new feature and product launches. Deliver best-in-class, actionable data science insights. Provide technical leadership, extending team's knowledge of statistical and machine learning models, advanced SQL, and BI tools.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.