Sr Manager - Global Data Center EHS and Construction Safety
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and influence internal customers and key stakeholders.
- Ensure the Data Center EHS team provides Data Center Operations Leadership with technical EHS related support
- Partner with Data Center Leadership to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards.
- Integrate and embed with Operations to ensure early knowledge of potential EHS challenges and advise accordingly.
- Provide insight and advice on meeting the requirements of EHS for existing and emerging Apple Data Centers.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and handle risks.
- Support new tool development and implementation within Data Centers globally.
- Develop and implement training for new tools to assure understanding and full integration of the tool into the workspace.
- Innovate the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns.
- Support sites with emergency response preparation, including emergency plans, training and drills.
- Partner with local H&S support vendors and local authorities.
- Communicate effectively to all levels, from floor to corporate executives, the progress and trends towards achieving perfection in EHS compliance
- Experience communicating with federal, state, and local authorities regarding EHS issues.
- Monitor, advise, and assist stakeholders on EHS risk management and drive the teams towards a culture that prioritizes safety.
- Administer the Construction Safety standard and program globally
- == Apple Values
- Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor
- Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo
- Deliver more than the customer expects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Drive for results
Apple is looking for a collaborative, energetic, highly organized professional to lead the Global Data Center EHS and Construction Safety programs. In this role, you will develop EHS standards for the construction, testing and commissioning and management of our data centers globally as well as administer the global Construction Safety program. The ideal candidate will have significant knowledge and experience in global EHS standards/best practices, legal compliance, fire and life safety, risk management, and crisis management/emergency response related to Data Center Operations and Construction Safety. You will lead a team of EHS professionals dedicated to implement consistent and standardized EHS programs across the portfolio. The position reports to the Global Director of EHS.
Education & Experience
BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline (e.g. Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, etc.), Master’s degree preferred. Professional Engineer or Certified Safety Professional preferred 8-10 years management experience 10-15 years broad-based EHS experience, with special emphasis in Data Centers Experience leading large cross-functional teams to align and deliver technical projects. Knowledge of Facilities Management, engineering, and construction. Excellent collaboration, project management, analytical, data quality troubleshooting, and problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and managerial courage
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt and learn new processes and programs
- Ability to deal with multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Ability to deal with ambiguity