Silicon Material Engineering Project Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new custom silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking Products. Apple’s Silicon Engineering Group (SEG), is looking for an inventive, high-energy Engineering Project Specialist (EPS), to assist with the management of material planning for silicon engineering. As an EPS within the SEG organization, you will be responsible for planning, implementation and ongoing support of the engineering silicon material. The SEG environment is dynamic and ever-changing; flexibility is a requirement. The ability to prioritize and react quickly is essential. You will work closely with Engineering teams, Apple Global Supply Managers (GSM) and external vendors to facilitate silicon validation. We are looking for a material manager able to multi-task and prioritize your work, have strong eye for details, and posses excellent interpersonal skills. The goal is to provide engineering support for the development and validation of state of the art silicon material, spanning engineering design phases through production release and ramp for our innovative products.
- BA/BS degree or 4+ years of industry experience.
- Silicon material management experience.
- Experience managing, organizing and maintaining multiple projects at a time.
- Very detail oriented. Ensure accuracy of all data, status and reports.
- Excellent communication; both written and verbal.
- Adept at working multiple Engineering departments.
- Top-notch critical thinking skill set; big picture program understanding and details.
- Ability to react to changes in a time sensitive environment.
- Experience with overseas vendors.
- Stay calm in high pressure situations
- Self-starter and can work with ambiguity.
• Development/management of silicon material validation plan in reference to product development programs. The plan will include working with Apple Engineers, GSM's, and Overseas Vendors. • Host and attend various meeting from a material planning perspective. • Report and implement delivery schedules, material and detail, i.e., fusing, test programs, DRAM, packaging issues and schedules. • Track material as it flows from the factory through to the engineering teams. • Ensure the smooth flow of material necessary to meet the validation requirements and schedules. • Drive GSM and vendors to deliver the requested material in a timely manner. • Handle and rebound from critical issues that might stem from Engineering change, material shortage or schedule slip. • Report on material progress and investigate material blocker issues. • Play a key role in the allocation of material in the case of shortages.
Education & Experience
• BA/BS Degree, Computer Engineering/EE/CS preferred.