Motion Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CoreMotion team has created innovative ways for users to interact with their devices through motion. When you play games by simply moving your devices, or use the compass to find your way, it’s the work of engineers and scientists on this team. Join CoreMotion and work with the people who have created the sensor fusion technologies and motion gestures that power games, augmented reality, and numerous other features on Apple’s devices.
- Excellent C++ coding skills (3+ years)
- Solid understanding of algorithm design and data structures
- Strong and intuitive understanding of object-oriented designs
- Experience delivering production code for embedded or real-time systems
- Working knowledge of motion sensors, computer vision, or augmented reality
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, and attention to detail
We are looking for a Motion Software Engineer who will be working on motion sensing-related software driving sensor fusion and interactive technologies. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining APIs and algorithms for iOS and embedded systems, optimizing implementations for power, memory and performance, and close coordination with multi-disciplinary teams across the company. You will work closely with scientists, engineers, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in successfully delivering best-in-class secure and scalable systems. Most importantly, you will help ship interactive features that impact millions of users every single day.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, EECS, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift is a plus.