Graphics Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Display Driver Architecture team within the IMG delivers the GPU software for display, power-management, content-protection, and other technologies for Apple's systems. We are looking for a top-notch firmware, driver and system architect/engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be a high-energy problem solver with a passion for excellence and a track record for getting the job done. We are looking for innovators, who have a passion for groundbreaking technologies, and who are driven to make a difference.
- Proven experience in firmware development
- Experience with boot loaders
- Strong knowledge of SW HW interfaces
- Previous experience in developing UEFI firmware (EDK/EDKII)
- Development experience on Mac OS X, Unix, Linux, or Windows
- In depth knowledge of : display stack, video formats, backlight
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent knowledge of system architecture
- Excellent software design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in HW bringup and on on pre-silicon validation platforms
- Ability to be effective in a cross-functional team and work independently with other groups to drive issues to resolution
As a member of the Display Driver Architecture team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of Graphics EFI Framework and Display Driver architecture, design, development, debug and deployment: • Own feature design, implementation, debug, and delivery of display and related technologies. • Partner with both internal teams and vendor teams on Graphics EFI and display driver architecture and implementation. • Lead and carry forward highly complex software and hardware efforts.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.