SoC New Product Introduction Materials Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoC's. Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We seek a premier EPM to support high volume new product introduction (NPI) activities. You will demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the Semiconductor/Foundry business and the intricacies of the relationships between internal silicon design, process and productizing teams to lead suppliers and enable the smooth ramp of high volume complex SoC devices. In this role, you will drive decisions on build priorities, capacity allocation, new technology adoption, pricing variance and bring to bear worldwide foundry capabilities to Apple’s advantage. You will also optimize supply chain performance by monitoring metrics such as yield, lead time, cost, and quality.
- 4 years minimum of fabless silicon supply chain experience.
- Proven Program Management, Supply Chain and Change Management expertise.
- Demonstrated understanding of semiconductor foundry model, test and packaging technologies and lead time issues as well as trade-offs to optimize results.
- Factory management (Fab, OSAT) including escalations, negotiations and material schedules.
- Cross-functional collaboration with teams locally and overseas.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing flow and turn-around times for semiconductor devices (Fabrication, ATE, Test, Assembly).
- Maintenance of complex trackers for system builds.
- Experience reviewing and enforcing supplier contract requirements.
- Prior success in high volume silicon new product introduction.
- 25% travel internationally on short notice if needed
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Effectively and regularly interface with internal and supplier engineering and supply chain management teams on status, priorities, issue resolution and roadmaps. • Present regularly to management teams. • Collaborate across Apple organizations, specifically with silicon and system teams to ensure new product development schedules are meeting system build requirements. • Guide teams through the new product introduction phase from tape-out to ramp. • Project all critical deliverables such as POR process, final test programs and operational reports to meet productization schedule and volume requirements. • Rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and proactively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy. • Understand and leverage commercial and technology agreements to assess and mitigate risks to the business. • Manage global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of international teams on site if needed and on short notice.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in technical discipline and supply chain preferred.