Sensor System Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation sensor technologies in Apple products. Come join the Sensor Technology Team. We're a multi-disciplinary, problem-solving team developing state-of-the-art sensing solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and more. As part of this team, you'll have an opportunity to participate in development from proof-of-concept all the way through end-product launch. The Sensing Systems teams integrates MEMS, magnetic and capacitive sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads, MacBooks. You will bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Solid understanding of EE fundamentals; analog/digital circuits & systems and signal processing
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, ME, and Physics principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork skills
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation, scripting and modeling tools
- Experience with sensor technologies is a plus
- Define architecture, perform block-level simulations, and author sensor module specs. - Spearhead proof-of-concept prototypes to assess sensing technology feasibility and suitability. - Perform design, analysis, characterization, and validation. - Develop and maintain comprehensive and cross-functional sensor system models. - Work closely with IC designers (analog/digital) to implement designed features that meet system requirements - Work cross functionally with mechanical engineering teams to optimize material and mechanical design trade-offs. - Collaborate with firmware teams to assist in developing advanced algorithms to ensure module performance. - Regularly author technical communications for executive and cross-functional briefings. - Diagnose engineering issues using the scientific method while working in close collaboration with cross- functional team members in order to identify root causes.
Education & Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.